Shattered

Why
did
you
give
me
so
much
only
to
leave
so
suddenly
it's
almost
like
when
you
used
to
come
and
then
go
on
all
those
trips
and
I
would
have
the
memory
of
you
now
you've
been
gone
over a year
as
if
you
will
still
come
back
or
perhaps
you
never
really
leave
me.
I
think
of
the
others
and
their
loss
and
what
their
life
must
be
like
now
without
you.
How
many
fantasies
are
being
created
to
ease
that
pain.

Yet
underneath
I
feel
that
with
you
and
me
there
has
to
be
something
beyond
life
and
death.

Your
eyes
with
me
day
after
day
following
me
around
the
room
even
into
the
bedroom
watching
me
from
your
couch
no
words
between
us
utter
silence
death
obviously
happening
but
something
more
what
was
given
what
received
here
was
some
clue
some
message
I
still
can't
see
were
you
reassuring
me
that
I
could
make
it
without
you
or
were
you
in
some
ways
taking
me
with
you?

After
all
this
time
I
know
only
that
I'm
not
what
I
was
before
something
in
me
broke
open
never
to
heal
some
burning
inside
your
flame
cannot
be
extinguished
ever
how
could
I
now
want
anything
but
you
you
shattered
me
and
I
am
grateful
this
perorated
leaking
heart
punctured
by
that
unnamable
feeling
always
when
I
was
with
you.