Always Safe

You,
seeping
into
the
innermost
part
of
myself
in spite
of
the
torment
of
swirling
thoughts
that
I
could
not
stop.

I
couldn't
will
myself
to
be
still
and
open
but
sometimes
you
would
do
it
for
me.

At
that
horrendous
L.A. Airport
suddenly
your
peace
found
me.
And
riding
in
the
darkness
in
the
van
in
Germany
I
could
let go
because
you let me.
A
few
times
here and there
over the
long years
with you
that
momentary
Bliss
took
me
out of myself
as
if
to
remind
me
that
it
was
always
about
surrender
to
you.

Sometimes
you
had
to
point
me
back
to
what
was
really
happening:
even
though
others
would scream
and
put
me
down
so
what?
I
was
with
you --
nothing
else
mattered.
Even
in
the
midst
of
my
fear
underneath
I
knew
I
was
safe
with
you.

That
drive
from
Gstaad
to
Vallecrosia
and
back
in
one
day
with
only
one
hour
of
rest
feeling
like
I
could
drive
forever
with
you
next
to
me --
time
didn't
matter
with
you
by
my
side.
Endless
drives
mile
after
mile:
California
Arizona
Nevada
Switzerland
Italy
Germany
France
Holland
Luxemburg
Brussels
(7 countries
in 1 day)
me
reaching
over
with
my
arm
to
barely
touch
yours
across
the
seat
to
feel
that
incredible
peace
seep
into
me
from
that
soft
touch
while
you
were
asleep
(or
whatever
it
is
you
did
with
your
eyes
closed)
as
the
road
lulled
us
along
and
sometimes
you
would
jerk
your
arm
away
from
me
and
sometimes
you
would
let
it
rest
so
gently
and
intentionally
or
unintentionally
touching
me
with
that
softness

almost
unbearable.